I am working with Energy IQ towards building an online nuclear safety event that will get the industry talking about safety. We are targeting a Western European and worldwide audience and are in the final stages of building our list of world class speakers. You can play your part in this event.
In the last six months, the global nuclear industry has been under unprecedented pressure to ensure and demonstrate it is capable of withstanding the natural and man-made hazards it faces.
But is the industry genuinely equipped to meet new stress tests demanded by regulators and cope with known and unknown threats? Can more be done to ensure safety is managed effectively?
Energy IQ has been asked by its network of industry practitioners to search the world for solutions to the nuclear safety challenge. Nuclear Matters is adding the industry experience to make this request into an online event that will set the scene for future developments.
This event shares best practice from Western Europe and across the World to reveal the strategies currently being used to ensure nuclear facilities are prepared for any eventuality. We will be learning these lessons to build for the future of our industry.
- Applying the lessons of Fukushima to your safety strategy: Applying practical case studies into a roadmap for the future
- Strategies to meet the European stress tests: Creative solutions to common challenges
- What is the regulatory outlook for the short, medium and long term and how can you ensure you are prepared?
- Integrated risk management strategies you can apply throughout the project life-cycle to ensure safety
- Practical steps you can take to ensure effective safety features form the foundation of every nuclear new build project
- A step by step guide to effective reviewing and enhancing of safety preparedness in existing plants
- Refueling a nuclear future: Tacking the people challenge and ensuring a culture of safety in your plant and its stakeholders
- Mastering key criteria for higher safety and cost effectiveness of building or refurbishing nuclear plants
- Developing and operating safe nuclear plants: the importance of enhanced stakeholder communication
- Protecting your facility in a digital age: new approaches to deal with rising cyber-threats
- New end of life solutions which help increase safety during phase out and decommissioning
- What solutions exist for reprocessing used fuel in a safe and efficient manner and what guarantees and evidence exists to support the preferred choice?
- What does the future hold for your nuclear security strategy – mapping short and medium term plans
It will take place November 28 – December 7 and take the form of a number of 45 minute online presentations followed by a Q&A. You can take part live or download the presentations for offline viewing. We will bring together 12 world class thought leaders direct to your desktop.
You can watch an example from the oil and gas industry on this sample presentation.
If you have a presentation we can use please let me know by email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you to discuss details.
Personally, I’m really looking forward to this event. It’s a timely and crucial subject to broach and I really believe the online format is a perfect way to get the message across without spending piles of cash and having to take time out of the office.
Details of how to register for this exciting opportunity will be available early September.
Please let me know if you would like to be kept informed.