Innovus is focused on taking bright ideas in the field of technology and making them a commercial success. Innovus has been created as a result of funding through Britain’s Energy Coast and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA).
Unique Free Event – Nuclear Decommissioning Opportunities
Wednesday 12th March 2014 9:00 – 4:30
Samuel Lindow Building, Westlakes Science & Technology Park (CA24 3JY)
- Does your company have the expertise to solve some of the Nuclear Decommissioning sectors challenges?
- Could you help some of the giants of the industry solve their pressing problems by applying your innovations and ideas used for something entirely different?
Representatives from NDA and Innovus will outline how businesses can apply for funding through their respective schemes.
The Innovus programme is all about helping companies and entrepreneurs to commercialise their bright ideas in the form of support and funding.
The latest theme under the spotlight is Nuclear Decommissioning – an industry which is grappling the challenge of decommissioning as well as its current and future operations.
Innovus is bringing in major players to give a unique insight into immediate and future challenges and outline the potential opportunities for Cumbrian businesses who may have the knowledge, expertise and vision to help solve them through technology development.
This free event will allow the exchange of information and ideas which aligns with the recent Technology Strategy Board and NDA Developing the Nuclear Supply Chain.
Industry Challenge Areas and Business Opportunities
- Size reduction of contaminated and hazardous items
- Characterisation of buidings, euipment and land
- Access, egress and containment for decommissioning operations
- Decontamination of large scale areas
- Decontamination and decommissioning of porous materials
- Sorting and segregation of hazardous and active waste
Limited places are available so register for this free event today and see the full agenda at: http://innovusnuclear.eventbrite.com