GrowthShowcase features SMEs supported by Innovate UK and GrowthAccelerator looking for further investment. Around 45 SMEs feature on the site, with more to come.
Small businesses play a crucial role in the UK economy. The new online service is a way for SMEs to boost their growth potential by reaching the wider investment community.
One such business is Oxford Space Systems (main picture). Oxford Space Systems won funding from Innovate UK through a Launchpad competition. Mike Lawton, founder and CEO, said:
“We’re featured on GrowthShowcase to raise our profile in the investment community. We hope to connect with potential collaborators and customers.
“With previous support from Innovate UK, Oxford Space Systems secured venture capital seed funding. This has resulted in a whirlwind first year which saw us win product developments contracts in the UK and overseas.
GrowthShowcase is well designed and simple to use, yet comprehensive in functionality – Nick Holzherr, founder and CEO, Whisk.com
“I hope GrowthShowcase will lead to interest from potential investors for our next investment. We want to seize exciting opportunities for our innovative technology.”
Another company featured on GrowthShowcase is Whisk.com. Whisk.com was first pitched to Lord Sugar on the BBC’s The Apprentice a couple of years ago by founder and CEO Nick Holzherr.
Whisk.com won an Innovate UK Smart award to develop its digital tech further. Whisk also received coaching to develop its sales force capability.
Whisk.com has already raised over $2m from investors. The company now wants to use GrowthShowcase to raise further finance to boost its growth. Nick said:
“GrowthShowcase is well designed and simple to use, yet comprehensive in functionality.
“Innovate UK works with high-profile investors and partners. So it will be valuable to us to be part of GrowthShowcase.”
We are working to make Britain the best place in the world to start and grow a business – Matthew Hancock, Minister of State for Business, Enterprise and Energy
Innovate UK launched GrowthShowcase in partnership with GrowthAccelerator with the aim of bringing together:
- selected high-growth and innovative SMEs that Innovate UK and GrowthAccelerator have supported
- accredited investors interested in finding out about innovative growing companies and tracking trends
Minister of State for Business, Enterprise and Energy Matthew Hancock explained:
“We are working to make Britain the best place in the world to start and grow a business. Firms supported by GrowthAccelerator and Innovate UK are outperforming their peers.”
What to do next
- Innovate UK supports innovative business projects across a wide range of areas. Take a look at our current funding opportunities and the priority areas we cover, to see if you could benefit from one of our programmes.
- If you’ve had support from Innovate UK, you may be eligible for our new SME programme which aims to help SMEs to improve their commercial success.
- We may invite businesses we support to appear on GrowthShowcase, or you can apply to set up a profile.
Firms supported by GrowthAccelerator and Innovate UK are outperforming their peers – Matthew Hancock, Minister of State for Business, Enterprise and Energy
- Innovate UK and GrowthAccelerator supported businesses are innovative and offer high growth opportunities.
- Business angels, investment network operators, venture capital firms or lenders can visit GrowthShowcase.
- Full business profiles are open to investment professionals, sophisticated investors and certified high-net-worth individuals.
- Innovate UK helps SMEs improve commercial success through coaching, mentoring and entrepreneurial training. Find out more about our SME programme of support in our 2014-15 Delivery Plan.
- Online service GrowthShowcase is just one way to connect. Check our events webpage for face-to-face events like Venturefest, or see our Launchpad competitions.
GrowthShowcase is supported by:
Visit the GrowthShowcase webpage to find out more and register.