The first of 21 consultation events will take place at NuGen’s brand-new Moorside Information Centre at the Whitehaven Civic Hall between 10.30am and 3pm on Saturday.
The event will be the first opportunity for members of the public to speak with an expert about NuGen’s plans and record their views about the Moorside Project – set to become Europe’s largest new nuclear development.
Fergus McMorrow, NuGen’s planning lead in Cumbria, said: “We’ve spent a long time carefully planning these events so that the people close to the proposed site can come and speak to us, ask any questions they may have and register their views on the Moorside Project.”
NuGen’s consultation website has been up and running for some weeks now and is the place people can go to register their interest and to ‘Have Your Say’ about the proposals – 24 hours a day. The consultation documents will also be available on the Consultation Website: www.nugenconsultation.com.
The dates of the forthcoming public exhibitions:
- Saturday 16th May – Whitehaven, Moorside Information Centre, Civic Hall (10.30am – 3pm)
- Wednesday 20th May – St Bees, Seacote Hotel
- Thursday 21st May – Beckermet, Reading Rooms
- Monday 1st June – Seascale, Methodist Church Hall
- Tuesday 2nd June – Cleator Moor, Civic Centre
- Wednesday 3rd June – Egremont, Market Hall
- Tuesday 9th June – Gosforth, Village Hall
- Wednesday 10th June – Ravenglass, Muncaster Parish Hall
- Thursday 11th June – Bootle, Millstones Conservation and Energy Centre
- Tuesday 16th June – Broughton, Broughton Victory Hall
- Wednesday 17th June – Millom, Millom Network Centre
- Thursday 18th June – Barrow, The Forum
- Tuesday 23rd June – Workington, Bridge Church
- Wednesday 24th June – Maryport, The Wave
- Thursday 25th June – Distington, Distington Community Centre
- Tuesday 30th June – Carlisle, The Hallmark Hotel
- Wednesday 1st July – Cockermouth, Town Hall
- Tuesday 7th July – Kendal, Town Hall
- Wednesday 8th July – Penrith, Methodist Church
- Thursday 9th July – Keswick, Greta Suite at Skiddaw Hotel
- Wednesday 15th July – Wigton – Wigton Market Hall
All events will be open between 11.00 and 19.30 – with the exception of the first event at the Moorside Information Centre in Whitehaven Civic Hall on 16th May, which will be open between 10.30 and 15.00.
The 10 week consultation period runs until the 25th July. Further details of how to have your say can be found at www.nugenconsultation.com.