The NDA has opened entries for this year’s Estate Supply Chain Awards. The awards are open to organisations working in the UK’s nuclear decommissioning supply chain and entries should be submitted by a member of the supplier’s organisation by the deadline on 9 September 2016. The projects or initiatives don’t need to have been started and finished in 2015/16 but judges will expect that the entries are contemporary and demonstrate they have already achieved benefits.
The winners will be announced at the NDA Estate Supply Chain Event on 3 November 2016 at Event City in Manchester; an awards stand at the event will showcase the winning entries and those shortlisted by the judges. This year’s joint chair of judges is:
- Ron Gorham, NDA head of Supply Chain Optimisation
- Jonathan Evans, Head of Shared Services Alliance
- Dr Melanie Brownridge, NDA Head of Research and Development
- plus a selected panel of other senior supply chain and procurement professionals.
There are five award categories as follows:
- Best supply chain collaboration
- Best application of technology or innovation implementation with tangible savings or benefits to a Site Licence Company – Joint between solution provider and end user
- Best application of an innovative solution(s) with tangible savings or benefits by an SME
- NDA Estate Export Award
- Best enhancement of capability and capacity.
In addition, The Minister’s Award returns for 2016. The winner will either be selected by the judges from an SME entry in any category or in recognition of a significant contribution to the SME agenda by an organisation or individual.
For detailed information about how to enter please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-nda-estate-supply-chain-awards-2015